Library for reading and writing images - command line tools
DescriptionOpenImageIO is a library for reading and writing images, and a bunch of related classes, utilities, and applications. Main features include:
* Extremely simple but powerful ImageInput and ImageOutput APIs for reading
and writing 2D images that is format agnostic -- that is, a "client app"
doesn't need to know the details about any particular image file formats.
Specific formats are implemented by DLL/DSO plugins.
* Format plugins for TIFF, JPEG/JFIF, OpenEXR, PNG, HDR/RGBE, Targa,
JPEG-2000, DPX, Cineon, FITS, BMP, ICO, RMan Zfile, Softimage PIC, DDS,
SGI, PNM/PPM/PGM/PBM, Field3d, WebP. More coming! The plugins are really
good at understanding all the strange corners of the image formats, and
are very careful about preserving image metadata (including Exif, GPS, and
* An ImageCache class that transparently manages a cache so that it can access
truly vast amounts of image data (thousands of image files totaling hundreds
of GB) very efficiently using only a tiny amount (tens of megabytes at most)
of runtime memory. Additionally, a TextureSystem class provides filtered
MIP-map texture lookups, atop the nice caching behavior of ImageCache.
* Several image tools based on these classes, including iinfo (print detailed
info about images), iconvert (convert among formats, data types, or modify
metadata), idiff (compare images), igrep (search images for matching
metadata). Because these tools are based on ImageInput/ImageOutput, they
work with any image formats for which ImageIO plugins are available.
* A really nice image viewer, iv, also based on OpenImageIO classes (and so
will work with any formats for which plugins are available).
* Supported on Linux, OS X, and Windows.
* All available under the BSD license, so you may modify it and use it in both
open source or proprietary apps.This package contains command line tools, including iv image viewer.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything.Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on…Install openimageio-tools