Smart card utilities with support for PKCS#15 compatible cards
DescriptionOpenSC provides a set of libraries and utilities to access smart cards. It mainly focuses on cards that support cryptographic operations. It facilitates their use in security applications such as mail encryption, authentication, and digital signature. OpenSC implements the PKCS#11 API. Applications supporting this API, such as Iceweasel and Icedove, can use it. OpenSC implements the PKCS#15 standard and aims to be compatible with all software that does so as well. Before purchasing any cards, please read carefully documentation in /usr/share/doc/opensc/html/wiki/index.html - only some cards are supported. Not only does card type matters, but also card version, card OS version and preloaded applet. Only a subset of possible operations may be supported for your card. Card initialization may require third party proprietary software. This package contains the pkcs11 module.
7717 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.19.0-2+b1 (Information last updated about 7 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".