Test suite for the PaX kernel patch
DescriptionPaX is a Linux kernel patch which adds much stricter control on how memory is being used by applications. A normal Linux kernel leaves the control to the application and does not implement any enforcement. Especially buffer overflow attacks benefit from the absence of kernel enforced memory control. PaX tries to do its best to enforce this control of memory used by applications, thereby making it harder to successfully exploit buffer overflows. Paxtest provides a regression test suite that covers most (but not all) of PaX functionality. It can also be used to test other memory protection patches.
1943 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1:0.9.15-2 (Information last updated 42 minutes ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".