repairs broken pcap and pcapng files
Descriptionlibpcap (Packet CAPture) provides a portable framework for low-level network monitoring. Network dumps based on libpcap can be made by tcpdump, wireshark and other tools. Sometimes those dumps can get corrupted by several reasons. Examples of this are a copy from Linux to Windows with a conversion to DOS/ Windows text file line ending (CR-LF) or a transfer over FTP in ASCII mode instead of BINARY mode. pcapfix tries to repair your broken pcap files, fixing the global header and recovering the packets by searching and guessing the packet headers. pcapfix will first step through the packets top down until it recognizes a corrupted one by using plausibility checks. After that the tool will brute force further pcap packet headers by reading the file byte by byte. If another proper packet is found, pcapfix restores the data in between by adding a well-formed pcap packet header. The PCAP Next Generation Dump File Format (or pcapng for short) is an attempt to overcome the limitations of the currently widely used (but limited) libpcap format. Since 1.0.0 version, pcapfix works with pcapng format too.
2451 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.1.4-4 (Information last updated about 9 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".