PDF files password cracker
DescriptionPDFCrack is a simple tool for recovering passwords from pdf-documents. It should be able to handle all pdfs that uses the standard security handler but the pdf-parsing routines are a bit of a quick hack so you might stumble across some pdfs where the parser needs to be fixed to handle. The main PDFCrack features are:
- Supports the standard security handler (revision 2, 3 and 4) on all known
- Supports cracking both owner and userpasswords.
- Both wordlists and bruteforcing the password are supported.
- Simple permutations (currently only trying first character as Upper Case).
- Save and load a running job.
- Simple benchmarking.
- Optimised search for owner-password when user-password is known.This program can be used in forensics investigations or similar activities, to legal password crack.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".