database abstraction layer
DescriptionPEAR MDB2 is a merge of the PEAR DB and Metabase php database abstraction layers. It provides a common API for all supported RDBMS. The main difference to most other DB abstraction packages is that MDB2 goes much further to ensure portability. MDB2 provides most of its many features optionally that can be used to construct portable SQL statements:
* Object-Oriented API
* A DSN (data source name) or array format for specifying database servers
* Datatype abstraction and on demand datatype conversion
* Various optional fetch modes to fix portability issues
* Portable error codes
* Sequential and non sequential row fetching as well as bulk fetching
* Ability to make buffered and unbuffered queries
* Ordered array and associative array for the fetched rows
* Prepare/execute (bind) named and unnamed placeholder emulation
* Sequence/autoincrement emulation
* Replace emulation
* Limited sub select emulation
* Row limit emulation
* Transactions/savepoint support
* Large Object support
* Index/Unique Key/Primary Key support
* Pattern matching abstraction
* Module framework to load advanced functionality on demand
* Ability to read the information schema
* RDBMS management methods (creating, dropping, altering)
* Reverse engineering schemas from an existing database
* SQL function call abstraction
* Full integration into the PEAR Framework
* PHPDoc API documentation
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".