computes number of pages or quantity of ink needed to print documents
Descriptionpkpgcounter is a generic Page Description Language parser which can either count the number of pages or compute the percent of ink coverage needed to print various types of documents. It is written in Python. It currently recognizes the following file formats :
* PostScript (both DSC compliant and binary)
* PCLXL (aka PCL6)
* OpenDocument (ISO/IEC DIS 26300)
* Microsoft Word (c) (tm) (r) (etc...)
* Plain text
* Several other image formats
* Zenographics ZjStream
* Samsung QPDL (aka SPL2)
* Samsung SPL1
* Brother HBP
* Hewlett-Packard Lightweight Imaging Device Interface Language
* Structured Fax
* Canon BJ/BJC
* ASCII PNM (Netpbm)The ten latter ones, as well as some TIFF documents, are currently only supported in page counting mode. pkpgcounter is often used in combination with print accounting solutions like PyKota or JasMine.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".