free stenography engine and typing tool
DescriptionPlover is a small, slick Python application that runs in the background and acts as a translator to read steno movements and emulate keystrokes in a way that the programs you are using can't even tell you're using steno. Plover is used today by hundreds of people, ranging from professional stenographers, transcriptionists, programmers, and hobbyists. It supports:
- Regular keyboards and real steno machines
- Media key support to control media, change volume, etc.
- Comes with a well-developed theory extended from StenEd,
but with over 50,000 new strokes.
- Supports JSON and RTF/CRE dictionaries
- Includes training tools to help you learn
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything.Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on…Install plover