tool for optimizing PNG (Portable Network Graphics) images
DescriptionPngnq is a tool for quantizing 32-bit RGBA PNG images to 8-bit RGBA pallete PNG. It's is an adaptation by Stuart Coyle of Greg Roelf's pnqquant. While pngquant uses a median cut algorithm, Pngnq uses Anthony Dekker's neuquant algorithm (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dekker/NEUQUANT.HTML), generally resulting in better looking results than pngquant. Optimizers (like pngcrush and optipng) optimize the compression, usually losslessly. pngnq quantizes colors down to 256 (or fewer) distinct RGBA combinations, which is quite lossy. Optimized PNGs are usually two to four times smaller than the 32-bit versions.
675 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.0-2.3+b1 (Information last updated about 19 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".