generator of random sentences from grammar definitions
DescriptionPolyGen is a program for generating random sentences according to a grammar definition, that is following custom syntactical and lexical rules. Formally, it is an interpreter of a language itself designed to define languages, where to interpret means executing a source program in real time and eventually outputting its result. Here a source program is a grammar definition, the execution consists in the exploration of such grammar by selecting a random path and the result is the sentence built on the way. Though PolyGen is quite a serious piece of software then, what else would be more noble for it than being used as a parody tool for linguistical habits, stereotypes and trends of this foolish era? Principles of parody are focusing a ridiculous topic and eventually abstracting its rules and schemes (here in terms of a grammar definition) by which reproducing it through the variatio device. And randomization is perfect at this purpose thanks to its purely asemantic behaviour =:)
1775 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.0.6.ds2-18 (Information last updated about 9 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".