enhanced clone of the classic first-person shooter Doom
DescriptionPrBoom+ is an enhanced source port of the classic 3D first-person shooter game Doom, first released by id Software in 1993. It uses the Simple Direct Media layer (SDL) library and features an optional OpenGL renderer. It is based on PrBoom, MBF and LxDoom, which in turn are based on TeamTNT's Boom, a freely available port of Doom for DOS. In addition to PrBoom's features, PrBoom+ offers uncapped framerate, variable gamespeed, re-record, walkcam, chasecam, full mouselook, FOV, and other features without loss of compatibility with the original Doom. PrBoom+ requires game data to run. Free game data is available in the freedoom package. Commercial game data can be packaged using game-data-packager. PrBoom+ supports all flavors of Doom, including The Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom as well as Chex(R) Quest, HACX, FreeDoom and FreeDM.
188666 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 2:18.104.22.168um+git89-1 (Information last updated about 10 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".