compelling tile-placement puzzle game
DescriptionPrimrose is a puzzle game by Jason Rohrer and a departure from his previous games. Primrose is an exploration into deep gameplay in single-player games. It is a tile clearing and placement game with chain reactions and without gravity or timing elements. The audio is limited to minimal but dynamic sound effects that change with game events and progress. It was designed as a casual but engaging and intelligent game for mobile phones. The player places pairs of coloured tiles on a 7x7 grid. Tiles are cleared by surrounding one colour group with another colour group, scoring points. The cleared tiles change the colour of the surrounding colour group, allowing for chain reactions that give more points. More colours are added as more tiles have been placed on the grid and eventually the game will end when the grid fills up. Primrose features a networked high score board with instant replay of the high scores, a comprehensive tutorial with animated examples, a colourblind mode, glowing, pulsating, retro graphics and synth-inspired sound effects.
46486 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 6+dfsg1-3 (Information last updated about 9 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".