HP Linux Printing and Imaging - printer driver (hpijs)
DescriptionThis package contains an IJS printer driver for Ghostscript, which adds support for most inkjet printers and some LaserJet printers manufactured by HP. It is also required for HPLIP fax support. The Debian package of hpijs includes the so-called rss patch, to use pure black ink instead of composite black in printers that don't do color map conversion in firmware. HPIJS can take advantage of Ghostscript IJS KRGB support when available, to enhance black printing on printers that do color map conversion in firmware and are thus not affected by the old rss patch. Users of the CUPS printing system are advised to also install the hplip package, and use the hp CUPS backend to send data to the printer. HPLIP supports USB, networked and parallel-port devices, and enables extended HPIJS functionality such as border-less printing. Selecting any hpijs ppd in CUPS will use hpijs automatically. HPIJS is meant to be used through the foomatic system (see the foomatic-filters package or foomatic-rip in the cups-filters package).
14149 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.18.12+dfsg0-2 (Information last updated about 11 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".