Very fast firewall configuration tool
DescriptionPyroman is a firewall tool written in Python for complex networks, but it can of course also handle simple single-host-single-link setups. Interesting features:
* Fast, due to use of iptables-restore for mass setting of rules
* Rollback to previous firewall configuration on errors
* Safety options to prevent mistakes in configuration (success confirmation
prompt and/or scripted external verification)
* Detailed error reporting
* Lots of verification checks done before execution
* Powerful yet clean configuration files (in Python and/or XML)
* Designed for multiple hosts, firewalls, networks
* Consistent firewalls for IPv4 and IPv6Pyroman is inspired by Shorewall and FireHOL, but tries to improve upon them with respect to performance and ease of configuration. Pyroman currently only configures iptables/netfilter firewalls, it does not include configuration utilities for setting up VPN or traffic shaping.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".