PyCryptodome is a self-contained Python package of low-level
PyCryptodome is a fork of PyCrypto. It brings several enhancements
with respect to the last official version of PyCrypto (2.6.1),
* Authenticated encryption modes (GCM, CCM, EAX, SIV, OCB)
* Accelerated AES on Intel platforms via AES-NI
* Elliptic curves cryptography (NIST P-256, P-384 and P-521 curves only)
* Better and more compact API (`nonce` and `iv` attributes for ciphers,
automatic generation of random nonces and IVs, simplified CTR cipher mode,
* SHA-3 (including SHAKE and cSHAKE XOFs), truncated SHA-512 and BLAKE2
* Salsa20 and ChaCha20/XChaCha20 stream ciphers
* Poly1305 MAC
* ChaCha20-Poly1305 and XChaCha20-Poly1305 authenticated ciphers
* scrypt, bcrypt and HKDF derivation functions
* Deterministic (EC)DSA
* Password-protected PKCS#8 key containers
* Shamir's Secret Sharing scheme
* Random numbers get sourced directly from the OS (and not from a CSPRNG
* Cleaner RSA and DSA key generation (largely based on FIPS 186-4)
* Major clean ups and simplification of the code base
PyCryptodome is not a wrapper to a separate C library like *OpenSSL*.
To the largest possible extent, algorithms are implemented in pure Python.
Only the pieces that are extremely critical to performance (e.g. block ciphers)
are implemented as C extensions.
This is the Python 3 version of the package.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install python3-pycryptodome