preparation of in silico drug screening projects
DescriptionThe field of computational biology is all about modeling physiochemical entities. Structural biology is about how those entities look in 3D and behave. Assume a specific behaviour (and only this) of a drug can be changed in a defined way. Some good part of the characterisation of promising drug-like compounds for their interaction with a larger protein can be done on computers. This package helps with getting collections of small ligands prepared to be fitted against a particular protein of known structure. That docking itself is then to be performed by autodock or autodock-vina. Raccoon may not find the drug, but it may well find a lead to it. To have this package with Debian shall help smaller biochemistry labs and grants an opportunity for the general public to educate itself and/or actively join in to help the world .... just a bit.
1648 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.0b-4 (Information last updated about 11 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".