Binary diff tool for signature-based differences
Descriptionrdiff is a little like diff and patch all rolled into one, with support for binary files. Since it takes advantage of the rsync remote-delta algorithm, you do not need the source file in the same place as your destination file. To use it, you generate a "signature" of the original file and copy the signature (which is very small) to the same location as the modified file. Then you generate a "delta" which describes the changes required to turn the source file into the modified file. The small delta file can then be used to "patch" the original file, to transform it into the modified file.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".