engine for several graphical adventure games
DescriptionScummVM is a `virtual machine' for several classic graphical point-and-click adventure games. It is designed to run Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2, Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system. SCUMM is used for many games, including Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more. See the official compatibility list at <http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility.php> for a full list of supported games. The game data of four games compatible with ScummVM is included in Debian. These are:
- Beneath a Steel Sky (package: beneath-a-steel-sky)
- Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back (package: drascula)
- Flight of the Amazon Queen (package: flight-of-the-amazon-queen)
- Lure of the Temptress (package: lure-of-the-temptress)To actually make use of ScummVM, you'll have to install one of these, or obtain the proprietary game data for another supported game from somewhere else.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".