genomic sequence element (kmer) enrichment analysis
DescriptionBacterial genomes vary extensively in terms of both gene content and gene sequence - this plasticity hampers the use of traditional SNP-based methods for identifying all genetic associations with phenotypic variation. SEER provides a computationally scalable and widely applicable statistical method for the identification of sequence elements that are significantly enriched in a phenotype of interest. SEER is applicable to even tens of thousands of genomes by counting variable- length k-mers using a distributed string-mining algorithm. Robust options are provided for association analysis that also correct for the clonal population structure of bacteria. Using large collections of genomes of the major human pathogen Streptococcus pneumoniae, SEER identifies relevant previously characterised resistance determinants for several antibiotics.
739 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.1.4-2+b2 (Information last updated 2 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".