stripping adaptors and/or merging paired reads of DNA sequences with overlap
DescriptionSeqPrep is a program to merge paired end Illumina reads that are overlapping into a single longer read. It may also just be used for its adapter trimming feature without doing any paired end overlap. When an adapter sequence is present, that means that the two reads must overlap (in most cases) so they are forcefully merged. When reads do not have adapter sequence they must be treated with care when doing the merging, so a much more specific approach is taken. The default parameters were chosen with specificity in mind, so that they could be ran on libraries where very few reads are expected to overlap. It is always safest though to save the overlapping procedure for libraries where you have some prior knowledge that a significant portion of the reads will have some overlap.
952 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.3.2-5 (Information last updated about 20 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".