feature-rich screenshot program
DescriptionShutter is a feature-rich screenshot program. You can take a screenshot of a specific area, window, your whole screen, or even of a website - apply different effects to it, draw on it to highlight points, and then upload to an image hosting site, all within one window. Features:
* take a screenshot of your complete desktop, a rectangular area
or capture a website
* take screenshot directly or with a specified delay time
* save the screenshots to a specified directory and name them in a
convenient way (using special wild-cards)
* Shutter is fully integrated into the GNOME Desktop (TrayIcon etc.)
* generate thumbnails directly when you are taking a screenshot
and set a size level in %
* Shutter session collection
o keep track of all screenshots during session
o copy screeners to clipboard
o print screenshots
o delete screenshots
o rename your file
* upload your files directly to Image-Hosters (e.g. imgur.com), retrieve
all the needed links and share them with others
* edit your screenshots directly using the embedded drawing tool
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".