Sequence Mapping and Alignment Tool
DescriptionSMALT efficiently aligns DNA sequencing reads with a reference genome. Reads from a wide range of sequencing platforms, for example Illumina, Roche-454, Ion Torrent, PacBio or ABI-Sanger, can be processed including paired reads. The software employs a perfect hash index of short words (< 20 nucleotides long), sampled at equidistant steps along the genomic reference sequences. For each read, potentially matching segments in the reference are identified from seed matches in the index and subsequently aligned with the read using a banded Smith-Waterman algorithm. The best gapped alignments of each read is reported including a score for the reliability of the best mapping. The user can adjust the trade-off between sensitivity and speed by tuning the length and spacing of the hashed words. A mode for the detection of split (chimeric) reads is provided. Multi-threaded program execution is supported.
963 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.7.6-9 (Information last updated about 3 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".