Swiss army knife of sound processing
DescriptionSoX is a command line utility that can convert various formats of computer audio files in to other formats. It can also apply various effects to these sound files during the conversion. As an added bonus, SoX can play and record audio files on several unix-style platforms. SoX is able to handle formats like Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV, AIFF, VOC, SND, AU, GSM and several more. Any format support requires at least libsox-fmt-base. Some formats have their own package e.g. mp3 read and write support is provided by libsox-fmt-mp3. SoX supports most common sound architectures i.e. Alsa, Libao, OSS and Pulse (respectively provided by libsox-fmt-alsa, libsox-fmt-ao, libsox-fmt-oss and libsox-fmt-pulse). It also supports LADSPA plugins.
48032 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 14.4.2+git20190427-2 (Information last updated about 3 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".