spamassassin based SMTP/LMTP proxy daemon
Descriptionspampd is an SMTP/LMTP server designed to be hooked into the MTA processing chain (e.g. as a content filter). It is written in Perl and uses the Net::Server framework. It is intended to provide spam filtering at the system level (i.e. ususally for all users). If you rely on per-user configuration or per-user Bayes databases, spampd is not for you. The major advantage of spampd over plain SpamAssassin (both directly and through spamd) is that it doesn't need to load all needed perl modules on every invocation or spawn a C programme for every mail it receives. Compared to using spamc/spamd, spampd can usually provide a 25% performance increase with local-only tests. The advantage of spampd over amavisd-new is that it uses the original SpamAssassin header tags, which are more verbose than the tags which amavisd-new provides. This allows easier filtering in the mail client and easier tuning of SpamAssassin.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".