Fast 48k ZX Spectrum Emulator for X11
Descriptionxspect is the X11 version of Spectemu which emulates the 48k ZX Spectrum, which uses the Z80 microprocessor. It emulates the Z80 processor as well as the 48k Spectrum's other hardware: keyboard, screen, sound, tape I/O. The emulation is very close to the real thing, but it is still quite fast (It was reported to be working well on a laptop with 486 at 25MHz!). On the other hand, the user interface is not the best. Features include:
- Sound support through Linux kernel sound-card driver.
- Snapshot saving and loading (.Z80 and .SNA format)
- Tape emulation: loading from tape files (.TAP and .TZX format)
- Optional quick loading of tapes.
- Saving to tape files.
- Separate utility to save tape files to real tape
- Configurable with config files and from command line
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".