splint is an annotation-assisted lightweight static checker. It is a tool for
statically checking C programs for security vulnerabilities and coding
mistakes. If additional effort is invested in adding annotations to programs,
splint can perform stronger checking.
splint does many of the traditional lint checks including unused declarations,
type inconsistencies, use before definition, unreachable code, ignored return
values, execution paths with no return, likely infinite loops, and fall
through cases. Problems detected by Splint include:
* Dereferencing a possibly null pointer
* Using or returning storage that is undefined or not properly defined
* Type mismatches, with greater precision and flexibility than by C compilers
* Memory management errors like use of dangling references and memory leaks
* Inconsistent (with specified interface) global variable modification or use
* Problematic control flow such as likely infinite loops etc.
* Buffer overflow vulnerabilities
* Dangerous macro implementations or invocations
* Violations of customized naming conventions
This package contains the manual (HTML documentation) for splint.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install splint-doc-html