fast indexing and searching tool for your personal data (daemon)
DescriptionStrigi is a program for fast indexing and searching your personal data. It can gather and index information from files in the filesystem even if they are hidden in emails or archives. It comes with a Qt4 GUI, an HTML GUI and a KDE GUI. Main features:
* very fast crawling
* very small memory footprint
* no hammering of the system
* clucene backend
* DBus and socket interfaces are available for communication between daemon
and search programs
* simple interface for implementing plugins for extracting information. we'll
try to reuse the kat plugins, although native plugins will have a large
* calculation of sha1 for every file crawled (allows fast finding of
duplicates)This package contains the Strigi daemon
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".