Curses based player and converter for the YM chiptune format
DescriptionSTYMulator is an Open Source (GPL License) player which plays music files in the YM chiptune format. In particular the YM files are Yamaha YM2149 soundchip music datas (registers) dumped from the ATARI 16-bit computers. The YM chiptune 'standard' has been introduced in the middle of 90's by Arnaud Carré aka Leonard/OXG. His sensational ST-Sound player has been released for Windows only. Ten years after the first ST-Sound creation he released ST-Sound library under GPL license. STYMulator has a very simple terminal GUI. It has been written in pure ANSI C code with ncurses library. Sounds are generated through ALSA. This package contains both ymplayer (curse based player) and ym2wav, a console YM to Wave converter.
1035 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.21a~dfsg-2 (Information last updated about 22 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".