fast and exact comparison and clustering of sequences
DescriptionWith the development of next-generation sequencing, efficient tools are needed to handle millions of sequences in reasonable amounts of time. Sumatra is a program developed by the LECA. Sumatra aims to compare sequences in a way that is fast and exact at the same time. This tool has been developed to be adapted to the type of data generated by DNA metabarcoding, i.e. entirely sequenced, short markers. Sumatra computes the pairwise alignment scores from one dataset or between two datasets, with the possibility to specify a similarity threshold under which pairs of sequences that have a lower similarity are not reported. The output can then go through a classification process with programs such as MCL or MOTHUR.
4558 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.0.36+ds-1 (Information last updated about 17 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".