extra surfraw search tools with heavy dependencies
Descriptionsurfraw-extra contains extra website search tools for surfraw that have large dependency trees. Currently surfraw-extra only contains support tools for the opensearch elvi: opensearch-discover - find an opensearch link from a URL. opensearch-genquery - construct a search URL from an opensearch description Surfraw - Shell Users' Revolutionary Front Rage Against the World Wide Web Surfraw provides a fast unix command line interface to a variety of popular WWW search engines and other artifacts of power. It reclaims google, altavista, dejanews, freshmeat, research index, slashdot and many others from the false-prophet, pox-infested heathen lands of html-forms, placing these wonders where they belong, deep in unix heartland, as god loving extensions to the shell. Surfraw abstracts the browser away from input. Doing so lets it get on with what it's good at. Browsing. Interpretation of linguistic forms is handed back to the shell, which is what it, and human beings are good at. Combined with incremental text browsers, such as links, w3m (or even lynx), and screen(1), or netscape-remote a Surfraw liberateur is capable of research speeds that leave GUI tainted idolaters agape with fear and wonder.
835 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 2.2.9-1 (Information last updated about 4 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".