Simple Web Indexing System for Humans - Enhanced
DescriptionSWISH-Enhanced is a fast, powerful, flexible, and easy to use system for indexing collections of HTML Web pages, or any XML or text files like Open Office Documents, Open Document files, emails, and so on. Key features:
* Quickly index a large number of text, HTML, and XML documents
* Use filters to index any type of files such as PDF, OpenOffice, DOC, XLS,
* Includes a web spider for indexing remote documents over HTTP
* Can use an external program to supply documents including
records from a relational database.
* Word stemming, soundex, metaphone, and double-metaphone indexing for
* Powerful Regular Expressions to select documents for indexing or exclusion
* Limit searches to parts of documents such as certain HTML tags or to
* Index file is portable between platforms.
* A Swish-e library is provided to allow embedding Swish-e into your
applications for very fast searching.You'll find ready to use examples for indexing the Debian documentation, PDF, OpenOffice and MSOffice files, whole Maildir, and more.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".