Parallel/Multiprocessor Standalone Ray Tracer - metapackage
DescriptionTachyon is a portable, high performance parallel ray tracing system supporting MPI and multithreaded implementations. Tachyon is built as a C callable library, which can be used within applications. Tachyon implements all of the basic geometric primitives such as triangles, planes, spheres, cylinders, etc. Some of the goals in developing Tachyon were to make it fast and for it to parallelize well. These are what set it apart from more full-featured programs like POV-Ray, Rayshade, and others. Tachyon supports enough features to be an excellent alternative to slower programs for demanding animation and scientific visualization tasks. This metapackage allows multi-variant support for tools built upon tachyon.
1079 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.99~b6+dsx-8 (Information last updated 1 day ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".