telnet client with SSL encryption support
DescriptionThe telnet command is used for interactive communication with another host using the TELNET protocol. SSL telnet replaces normal telnet using SSL authentication and encryption. It interoperates with normal telnetd in both directions. It checks if the other side is also talking SSL, if not it falls back to normal telnet protocol. Advantages over normal telnet: Your passwords and the data you send will not go in cleartext over the line. Nobody can get it with tcpdump or similar tools. With SSLtelnet you can also connect to https-server like https://www.mozilla.org. Just do 'telnet -z ssl www.mozilla.org 443'
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".