pop-before-dyndns service using djbdns
Descriptiontinydyndns is a simple but powerful dynamic DNS solution that uses djbdns. It cooperates with the djbdns package to publish dynamic IP addresses authenticated through POP connections. On successfully authenticated POP connections, the tinydyndns-update program manipulates tinydns' constant database "data.cdb" directly without rebuilding it; this makes the dynamic DNS solution use very few system resources. Using a POP service for authentication saves the work for installing special client software, since POP clients are available for every common network-aware operating system. To provide the DNS and POP services, tinydyndns cooperates with djbdns, mailfront, and cvm. The POP service can easily be replaced with other services that provide authentication, such as APOP, IMAPS, ...
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".