lightweight and fast WFS-T server
DescriptionTinyOWS is a lightweight and fast implementation of the OGC WFS-T specification. Web Feature Service (WFS) allows querying and retrieval of features. The transactional profile (WFS-T) allows inserting, updating or deleting such features. From a technical point of view WFS-T is a Web Service API in front of a spatial database. TinyOWS is deeply tied to PostgreSQL/PostGIS because of this. TinyOWS implements strictly OGC standards and pass successfully all WFS OGC CITE tests (and even beta ones). TinyOWS is part of MapServer Suite, but provided as a distinct module (i.e you could use it in conjunction with MapServer and MapCache, or as a standalone app). But both MapServer and TinyOWS could use the same configuration file, if you want to (or native TinyOWS XML config file).
1506 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.1.1-6 (Information last updated 4 days ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".