Micro Name Service Caching Daemon
DescriptionA daemon which handles passwd, group and host lookups for running programs and caches the results for the next query. You only need this package if you are using slow Name Services like LDAP, NIS or NIS+. This particular NSCD is a complete rewrite of the GNU glibc nscd which is a single threaded server process which offloads all NSS lookups to worker children; cache hits are handled by the parent, and only cache misses start worker children, making the parent immune to resource leaks, hangs, and crashes in NSS libraries. It should mostly be a drop-in replacement for existing installs using nscd.
284 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.52-1+b3 (Information last updated about 16 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".