Very small firewall script, for configuring iptables
DescriptionUruk is a wrapper for Linux iptables. A very simple shell script, but useful if you need similar (but not the same) packet filtering configurations on lots of hosts. It uses a template file, which gets sourced as a shell script, to get lists of source addresses, allowed to use specific network services. Listing these groups of allowed hosts and allowed services is all what's needed to configure your box. Main difference with other firewall setup tools: uruk is just a very small (just 14K!) shell script, no gui, no interactive setup, no default configuration. You'll like this if you'd rather not have lots of (probably buggy) code between you and your filtering rules.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".