tools to use userspace software suspend provided by Linux
DescriptionThis package (also known as µswsusp, suspend-utils or simply suspend) contains the programs to use the userspace software suspend facility available in Linux kernels 2.6.17-rc1 and higher. It allows the system to have its state saved to disk and be powered off. On restarting, it will be put back in the state it was left in (this is sometimes called hibernation). It also includes a program to suspend the system to RAM after the state is saved to disk. In that state, the system still uses power, but resuming is faster. If the battery depletes, the state is resumed from disk without data loss. Optional features include encrypting the system snapshot. To use this package you need a Linux kernel version 2.6.17-rc1 or newer configured to use an initramfs. Hooks and scripts to integrate with initramfs-tools are provided.
93 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.0+20120915-6.1 (Information last updated about 13 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".