modular backup utility
Descriptionvbackup constists of a set of scripts that handle the various aspects of a backup. It can be easily extended to support other backup methods too. It can be used for full or incremental backups. It also includes a wizard for basic (quick) configuration. Currently it supports/backups:
* XFS using xfsdump
* Generic filesystem backups using tar
* dpkg and RPM database
* Partition tables, disk MBRs, MD and LVM information
* OpenLDAP databaseIt can work with local files, handle NFS mounts or scp backups to a remote location. It also supports encryption using x509 certificates.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".