verify electronic mail addresses
Description'vrfy' is a tool to verify e-mail addresses and mailing lists. In its simplest form it takes an address "user@domain", figures out the MX hosts for "domain", and issues the SMTP command VRFY at the primary MX host (optionally all), or at "domain" itself if no MX hosts exist. Without "domain" it goes to "localhost". More complex capabilities are:
* recursively expanding forward files or mailing lists,
* detecting mail forwarding loops,
* understanding full-blown RFC822 address specifications,
* syntax checking that can be carried out either locally or remotely,
* various options provided to exploit alternative protocol suites
if necessary, and to print many forms of verbose output.Obvious limitations exist (mostly due to a lousy VRFY command implementation on some hosts), but otherwise, it works pretty well.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".