Automatically reconfigure your (laptop) system for a new location
Descriptionwhereami is a set of useful scripts and a coordinating system for automatically re-locating your computer within the current (network) environment. Typically, you would use whereami to automatically detect and re-configure your laptop when you move between a variety of diverse networks and/or docking environments. Although whereami will work best if all of your networks assign addresses through dhcp, this is not a pre-requisite and the system allows any technique to be used to ascertain the new location with as little ongoing user intervention as possible. Having ascertained the correct location, whereami will run appropriate (user-configured) scripts to adjust the laptop operation to suit the current environment. See the man pages for more information. You may also get useful assistance from the debian-laptop mailing list, which is frequented by several of the users and contributors.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".