mail/news reader supporting IMAP for emacsen
DescriptionWanderlust is a mail/news management system on emacsen. It supports IMAP4rev1 (RFC2060), NNTP, POP and local message files. The main features of Wanderlust:
- Pure elisp implementation.
- Supports IMAP4rev1, NNTP, POP (POP3/APOP), MH and Maildir format.
- Unified access method to messages based on Mew-like Folder Specification.
- Mew-like Key-bind and mark handling.
- Manages unread messages.
- Interactive thread display.
- Folder Mode shows the list of subscribed folders.
- Message Cache, Disconnected Operation.
- MH-like FCC. (Fcc: %Backup and Fcc: $Backup is allowed).
- MIME compliant (by SEMI).
- Transmission of news and mail are unified by Message transmitting draft.
- Graphical list of folders.
- View a part of message without retrieving the whole message (IMAP4).
- Server-side message look up (IMAP4). Multi-byte characters are allowed.
- Virtual Folders.
- Supports compressed folder using common archiving utilities.
- Old articles in folders are automatically removed/archived (Expiration).
- Automatic re-file.
- Template function makes it convenient to send fixed form messages.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".