SDL-Port of Wolfenstein 3-D and Spear of Destiny
DescriptionMaybe it was the fact that people got to blow away Nazis. Maybe it was the sheer challenge of it all. For whatever reason, Wolfenstein 3-D and Spear of Destiny, pioneered the first-person shooter genre and brought its legendary creators, id Software, worldwide notoriety and numerous awards. In fact, The Computer Gaming World Hall of Fame recognized Wolfenstein 3D as helping to shape the overall direction of the computer gaming industry. Wolf4SDL is an open-source port of id Software's classic first-person shooter Wolfenstein 3-D to the cross-platform multimedia library "Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL)" (http://www.libsdl.org). It is meant to keep the original feel while taking advantage of some improvements. The wolf4sdl game requires additional data files which are not available under a free license and cannot be distributed by Debian. Thus, this package contains no data files, but current releases of `game-data-packager' are able to generate suitable data packages from the publicly available Wolfenstein 3-D shareware episode.
167704 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.7+svn262+dfsg1-5 (Information last updated about 10 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".