smart directory change utility
DescriptionThe program xd is a program smart directory changer. It allows you to change to a directory specifying only its initial characters or a subset of the initial characters allowing commands like 'xd ulb' to do a 'chdir /usr/local/bin'. xd can be used in combination with the standard tab-filename completion as offered by most shells. But as xd is very easy to use, one is quickly addicted to xd when changing to directories that are not close to the current working directory. Small changes required thereafter are in practice always performed using the facilities offered by the command shell. When multiple expansions are available xd offers a list of alternatives from which the user may select an option by simply pressing an associated key. Directories that are never selected by the user may be ignored using directives in xd's configuration file.
919 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.26.00-1 (Information last updated about 11 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".