decode Morse signals to text
DescriptionX/GTK+ application for decoding Morse code signals into text. xdemorse detects the "dihs" and "dahs" that make a Morse code character via the computer's sound card, which can be connected to a radio receiver tuned to a CW Morse code transmission or to a tone generator. The input signal is processed by a Goertzel tone detector algorithm which produces "mark" or "space" (signal/no signal) outputs and the resulting stream of Morse code "elements" is decoded into an ASCII character for printing to the Text viewer. xdemorse has a certain level of tolerance towards operator errors (bad "fist") regarding deviation from the standard duration of the various elements that make up the Morse code.There is a "Waterfall" (audio spectrum) display derived from an integer-arithmetic FFT of the receiver's audio output. This program has built-in CAT capability but only for the Yaesu FT847 or FT857 and Elecraft K2 or K3.
1182 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 2.9-4 (Information last updated about 9 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".