replacement for inetd with many enhancements
Descriptionxinetd has access control mechanisms, extensive logging capabilities, the ability to make services available based on time, and can place limits on the number of servers that can be started, among other things. It has the ability to redirect TCP streams to a remote host and port. This is useful for those of that use IP masquerading, or NAT, and want to be able to reach your internal hosts. It also has the ability to bind specific services to specific interfaces. This is useful when you want to make services available for your internal network, but not the rest of the world. Or to have a different service running on the same port, but different interfaces.
3427 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1:2.3.15-7 (Information last updated about 13 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".