Vertical Blanking Interval (VBI) utilities
DescriptionTelevision broadcasts use the VBI to transmit text such as closed captioning (NTSC), Teletext (PAL/SECAM), and now Intercast and the ATVEC Internet television encodings. The zvbi library is used to capture and decode raw VBI data. This package contains the following utilities:
* zvbid, a proxy for VBI devices. It forwards VBI data streams to one or
more connected clients and manages channel change requests.
* zvbi-atsc-cc, a command-line utility that captures ATSC TV transmissions
using a Linux DVB device and decodes the enclosed Closed Caption data.
It can record both NTSC caption (EIA 608-B) and DTVCC caption (CEA 708-C).
* zvbi-chains, a wrapper which executes the VBI application given on the
command line while overloading several C library calls so that the
application can be forced to access VBI devices via the VBI proxy instead
of device files directly.
* zvbi-ntsc-cc, a command-line utility for decoding and capturing closed
captioning (CC) for NTSC and webtv.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".