ACR is an autoconf like tool that allows you to create configure scripts for
your programs. The main aim of this tool is to teach developers how to create
portable builds of their tools, just using generic functions wrapped by acr to
generate portable shellscript.
* Easy to learn / implement.
* Faster/smaller final configure script.
* Own syntax, not complex m4 macros.
* Reverse engineering tool to recover .acr files from the final configure
* Good documentation and tutorials.
* vim syntax highlighting for configure.acr files
* Debugging support (-d)
* Integrated support for java, bash, perl, Tcl, c, c++, ruby and Python.
* Recursive configure script calls.
* Progress bar in generation stage.
* Not recommended for huge projects
* Slow script generation parsing huge configuration files
* No automake replace. (just type clean makefiles and acr substs)
* Not enough tested (only on free operating systems (Open|Net|Free|Dfly)BSD,
GNU systems, and Darwin).
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install acr