Proxy to surf the web anonymously
DescriptionThis package contains the JAP client which acts as a local proxy between your browser and the insecure Internet. All requests for web pages are handled by JAP and are encrypted several times. The encrypted messages are sent through a chain of intermediate servers (named Mixes) to the final destination on the Internet. Multiple layers of encryption protect all messages. A Mix collects messages in a batch, totally changes their appearance (removes one layer of encryption) and forwards them all at the same time, but in a different order. An adversary may observe all communication links, however he cannot determine a relation between incoming and outgoing packets. A surfer remains anonymous within the group of all users of the service. Demonstrably, the system protects your privacy as long as the Mix works correctly. Unfortunately nobody knows whether a certain Mix is actually trustworthy or not. Therefore we use a whole chain of Mixes. Each message passes through several Mixes and the entire chain of Mixes has to be corrupt to successfully observe the user's activities. The chaining effectively prevents single Mixes from observing. This is the meaning of strong anonymity: Even the anonymity service itself cannot spy on its users. For further information see http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/
7106 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 00.05.38+20081230-4 (Information last updated about 16 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".