APT transport for anonymous package downloads via Tor
DescriptionProvides support in APT for downloading packages anonymously via the Tor network. APT already includes mechanisms for guaranteeing the authenticity of the packages you download. However, an adversary sniffing your network traffic can still see what software you are installing. Install apt-transport-tor, edit your sources.list to include only tor:// URLs, and you can make it very difficult for anyone intercepting your network traffic to be able to tell that you are installing Debian packages, or which packages you are installing. Please note that this approach is only as secure as Tor itself - this software cannot protect you from an attacker who has access to your local machine. In addition, attackers may be able to correlate your network traffic with the packets coming out of an exit node, so do be careful.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".